Search This Blog

Monday 29 November 2010

That old thing you used to do, you know, smile?

Happiness isn't an illusion.

She just makes me smile with a thought, a mere glimpse of her smile gets me happier than anything before. I know the way she kisses and touches, well, it's more than just a quick thing. She holds me tight, as if nothing else matters but this moment. She's breathing harder than usual, because she knows what day it is. It's only a few more hours before she sets off, and she just wants to hold on for a little more before getting back in the car and driving to the other side of the water.

I sit in the car anxiously, with a sense I'll see her again, but to leave now it would feel so right. To not have those strings attatched, to realise that things are not permanent but as temporary as the way the wind blows. She tells me not to tell anyone, and I promise her, with everything that I won't, and she believes me. ":) x x" she texts. I reply likewise, and lock my phone. She's worth any time to wait for a text.

I'm realising now on the way back home, that I won't see her for a long time. And yeah, that things will happen in between the next time I meet her, and I know that she'll mature and realise what a waste of space I truly am. But still, sitting here under the stars, the cold and the flickering business lights, I know that the old saying "Good things come to those who wait" is a true statement, and whoever came up with it was a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment