Search This Blog

Monday 29 November 2010

My Muse

A heart collapsed in a sea of pain
never to be heard or seen again 
now I have these never ending dreams
the water's always much deeper than it seems

I feel the everything in my life has just slipped away
no matter how much you try, you can't buy back yesterday
for once I wish I could just see past the illustrious lies 
replace them with something better and someone undisguised

I could scream about the false mask you hide behind
keep on replaying events which never were, in my mind
you're such a beautiful muse to me with all that misery
can't describe how much time I've used to write your litanies

I don't have a single emotion for you nowadays
it's strange not to have to rely on your pathetic ways
because for some odd reason, people actually like me
they see me for me and they don't have a sordid mental history

Oh, how I truly used to adore you,
now frankly my dear, I abhor you
sorry if I managed to bore, I must admit you're so easy to ignore
you to me, are as irritating and frustrating as a cold sore

Honing my skill at throwing vicious words your way
I found out that the secret is not to what you say
but how to use words like you use all these men
and make sure they're pure venom then

No comments:

Post a Comment