Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 November 2010

A Lost Saturday in Portsmouth, thoughts of occurrence and travel...

As I traipsed around the corridors of another bleak yet neon-lit bar, I wonder how I came to be here at this stage. 19, not yet a man yet certainly past the stage of young child, now living in an entirely different city, speaking another language to some doe-eyed girl already gone past the stage of comatose.

A cold wintered scene, I shovel my tattered shoes across the slush and mire, and fall drunkenly to my next direction. Now, the toilet bowl seems a void where I can escape for some moments and get my thoughts all rightly aligned. Ok. Eject, reject and then repeat process.

Back to the noise, that ever-penetrating phallic throb, which pounds through the sides of walls and into the cubicle where me and my stomach once were located, and I find myself back on top. Now, sounds all burst as I pry open the doors. Then, at the exact same moment of the drop, I position myself into the centre of the dance floor and let go.

It seems so euphoric and equally terrifying to see such an array of sound and movement connect as I totally get enveloped in the midst of it. Music seems killer serene to my dilated eyes. I can't believe the unity of all. The high I feel is as if an electric charge punched its way into my cerebellum and ejaculated pure adrenaline everywhere on my lobes.

The surge remains at its peak, I remain on the ceiling and somehow find reality via a game of coat grabbing and a brisk walk into the nearest bar, where my compatriot and I seem to find time and space stand still for us. A major warning, I need some form of numbing, not time to wake up. We take more delicious drugs, ease off this scare and return to a loosened sense.

Now is not a reality. When is. We both get onto the streets flawlessly and attract many attentive eyes that converse and subjugate us in modes of intense knowledge of the city which I know nothing of. We say nothing yet somehow telekinetically acknowledge these people need to relax and find their own way back.

I envision myself sitting on a pavement returning back to my vague form of structure. The bed awaits, and my home, begging for a second chance, allows me safe passage minus run-ins with blood-thirsty police or any machete wielding avengers of the morning. I feel at one, and at the same time, completely and utterly destroyed. It's good to be away from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment