Search This Blog

Sunday 5 December 2010

Maybe vampires is a bit strong...

Considering the whole picture, and giving it some time to think about what's actually happened, I'm happy with the situations I face currently. Seeing my past be happy, and myself actually happy is a good sign. I've managed to show maturity and also less foolishness which many would have seen or had been part of two months ago.

Its only been what, 8 or 9 weeks since I arrived, but that amount of time at uni can change any person for either the better or most likely, the worse. Take my drinking for example. I used to hit like the vodka a lot with compadres, too much I think. But now, I only go out once in the weekend, and maybe once in the week.

To be honest, it's not the end of the world if I develop an addiction, most likely to Snickers Ice Cream bars. Still, the one thing I'm most worried about is my lack of production. Unusual that I'd be so caring over a subject, but it's the next three years of my life we're talking about. It's quite substantial.

Anyways enough ranting. Back to the matter at hand. What the hell is going on with my taste? Musically, I seem to have jumped off a ledge into the great unknown, emerging with dubstep, drum and bass, hip hop, metal and a mix of indie and alternative. I need to broaden all possible horizons. Not saying I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old sick and tiring songs, but yeah, maybe a little choice apart from club music'll be a godsend.

A whole term has been and gone, and what can I say? it's always been seen as a barrage of cliches, a mixture of euphoria and trauma, of joy and rage, of sad and moments of lust, a commotion of emotion. As many a generic face or person would state, "I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

1 comment: