Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Walk.

And as I reached across that space, all I saw was the nothing that left them behind.

It is wonderful. My own self, nowhere but above me in a flash, I see I'm gone, a mess of sorts. I laugh, and it laughs too.

The vast distance only covered in less than seconds, by sheer force of mind. A relentlessness force beckoned, threw me, and then gazed upon my bloodied arms. Inject me with poison, why don't you?

Motion is non existent, and useless. I have no guidance now, and fear I left behind along with the 5 pound note on the bar. We seem to have frozen as we walk along in shapeless circles. But I still smile. Away from the joke that was tonight, and alongside warmth. It's inviting.

How harsh it seems, the streets are all paved of shit and empty kebab polystyrene boxes, we evade and slowly dance away. I feel dead, but so damn alive, it's a combination you know if you've experienced it.

Alcohol and minus degrees combine to alleviate any barbs in my skin. They feel alien, and again I can't stop a chuckle. Constant invasion of mind is imminent. Apparently I've disappeared, yet I am here. The winds pick up, and more and more I relinquish the decision to steal my warmth back. But I won't.

Lights on the dilapidated pier seem to dim across the night sky, but my attention doesn't appear to be there, I'll let my subconscious have it. Ego needing a feed, I do feel more than drunk, or even whenever, a high. I'm
not aware of such a crushing and holding creation named time. There is no time.

We turn and face the city. It still lives, somehow. And walking returns to the picture. I say good morning, instead of goodnight, then make my way back in an unorderly fashion. I arrive, open up and stand  inside the cage, an elevator they call it, dimly lit and filled with boorish faces, all seemed shocked at my condition. I stifle laughter and eject vomit instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment